Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DAY FIVE: The Lone Poop Ranger

It's official... I'm the Lone Poop Ranger on my trail to a healthier me. Venessa dropped out yesterday and left me to go this road alone. :( My support team fell apart, and my life kinda fell apart,but the MC is the one thing I have control of for now; so I'm taking pride in riding this trail until the cows come home. Today was a new challenge, since starting the cleanse I haven't had to partake in the act of social eating. I steered clear of restaurants and areas where large groups of people were eating to avoid the delicious smell of temptation wafting around me. Today that was completely unavoidable. Our class completed our training and US Renal bought us all lunch, the rest of the group chose Red Lobster (of course sea food my most evil rival) and I'm so glad the waitress was really cool and allowed me to bring my MC supplies in so I could make me a delicious glass of... OH WAIT HERE IT COMES... oh yeah MC lemonade. BOOOOORRRINNGG. I'm so tired of the flavor. But what is true is that it seems my sense of smell has increased to super hero strength and every plate that wafted by my table tantalized my senses once more. But once again my "keep trudging" mentality kept me on task. My sense of smell isn't the only thing that's increased I can taste very obviously the subtle differences in water, which is kinda cool. Perhaps through the master cleanse I am turning into some kind of weird super hero. At the table today I watched my cohorts pack them selves full of food, salads, rolls, sea food, broccoli, cheese cake, and thought man they must be stuffed, but they kept putting it in. At one point I told my friend next to me... hold up your fist...and instructed him to hold it over his plate. I explained that's about the size of your stomach, we're you eating because you were hungry or because it was on your plate? And he looked at me and got it. In a recent documentary I watched on obesity one of things it addressed is peoples naivety when it came to portions. Because that's the serving we're provided with we automatically assume well if they're giving it to us then that must be okay to eat. What's true is our portions have grown radically out of control. For example the documentary used McDonalds:

A typical adult on a weight conscious diet on average will consume 1300 calories a day.
A kids meal at McDonalds (which truthfully is more than filling) contains an excess of 700 calories alone (more than half of your daily value)

But most people don't think in terms of less is more... in our current culture MORE is MORE.





So just in comparison an adult Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal (which usually leaves me almost unable to breathe from being so full) has a whopping 1700 calories. That's 400 calories more than most peoples daily suggested value. IN ONE MEAL. Not to mention all of the complex changes the foods been through to make it edible that your body doesn't recognize. Guess what your body does with these genetically modified foods... it stores it in random places in your body until one day you no longer recognize your body in the mirror. Food vent over.... Promise.

Smooth Move shook me awake again last night, at 2 am this time. I looked at my toilet in the wee hours and said quite frankly "we gotta stop meeting like this". But it gives me one more day to stave off having to do the SWF so I am happy for the results. One of the other awesome things I've noticed now on day 5 is how soft and supple my skin has become, there has been an obvious change in its texture and I could not be more pleased. Energy is great, no headaches, no complaints except for the desire for the taste of something else. I promise I will do the salt water cleanse at least once within the next 5 days so I can give some insight into what that's like as well. I'm just not prepared for it yet lol. Work tomorrow so I'll be chugging my morning glass of MC lemonade at 4 am. Got a lot to do between now and my old lady bed time, so for now the Lone Poop Ranger is riding off into the sunset and the end of DAY FIVE! YIPEEEE


No comments:

Post a Comment