Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DAY SIX: The Power Of Poop

As day six draws to a close I am still shocked at how much I'm still aghem... letting go of. How is it possible that six days after having mind boggling loose movements that I'm still passing anything other than liquids? And the answer is... My friends are right... I must be full of S#$T! Honestly it's kinda freakin me out. Last night right on the money between 2 and 3 am I was back in the bathroom crampin like I had the worst food poisoning ever. And as always I got my trusty companion, my heating pad, out and eased out the cramps after having another unfortunate meeting with the toilet. Somewhat into the morning hours (at least until 7 am) I was still cramping and had been at work fork a good 3 hours already which was just awful. Trying to cannulate patients when all you can think about it how you might just crap your scrubs in front of them is quite the challenge. It made me realize just how powerful poo is. Powerful enough to move a grown man to tears, and in some cases vile enough to make some vomit. Poo is the superhero of our bodies system to rid us of waste. And apparently I had enough waste in me to make anyone feel sick, and it's still coming! Another tough day in the food challenge department today. A rep bought Pappasitos for everyone in the clinic today for lunch with all the fixings and huge chunks of cheesecake. I could smell it from the dialysis floor. Brutal...I made my glass of MC lemonade and made my escape outside so I didn't have to stare temptation right in the face. I made it, but a part of me really wanted just to dig my finger right into a bowl of guacamole and lick it all off. Glad I didn't. Then my Granny got tortilla soup from my favorite little mexican joint La Esquinita, I even went so far as to text my mom and ask her (as if I didn't already know the answer) if it would be okay to have just a sip of the broth. Yeah, that was a negatory. Thanks for backin me up and keeping me strong MOM. lol. Then we went to a fish fry, geeze I really feel glutton for punishment today. But to my surprise I made it. I'm now laying in bed, already chugged my smooth move, dreading when nature calls between 2-3 where once again I tell my toilet "we've gotta stop meeting like this". Tomorrow evening I'm considering the Salt Water Flush just to get a taste for something else. And to see if I can't completely rid my bowels of the left over excrement before my 10 days are up. Health wise I feel AMAZING, energy wise I feel renewed, my blood pressure went down and my blood sugars are perfect. So glad I'm putting myself through this torture. And so Kira's graduation from Kinder is tomorrow; lets just hope the power of poop doesn't leave me incapacitated to where I can't enjoy it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment